Head of Research, Lead Brand Strategy Consultant or Research Director … What skills are KEY in those senior roles?
We have a few super exciting roles for leaders in market research and insight (£60k to £125k + bonus/profit share)! What skills are key in these positions? Please have a look below at our guide and get in touch if you’d like to find more about specific roles. Thank you.
- You are a very experienced researcher across all methodologies and approaches and are commercially astute to foster client relationships and develop new income streams.
- Most consultancies are open to a wide range of sectors, as long as you are currently a Director level agency researcher looking to get involved in everything from responding to a brief to story development at the analysis stage and presenting back to the client.
- You have successfully built, managed, and mentored a bright team at either a global, medium or boutique agency setting.
- You are: enthusiastic, energetic, and hungry to make more of a personal impact in a fast-growing and successful agency!
- You’ll be interested in innovative research techniques and are a great storyteller (going well beyond PPT!).
- Your clients trust you and you have the respect of your peers!
- You’d love to add experience & commercial energy to your future team.
- Your presentation and report delivery skills are very advanced, and you love infographics!
- In your career so far, you’ve demonstrated leadership skills, strong project management, cross-functionality with a solid understanding of market research, and impeccable interpersonal and communication skills – both, written and verbal.
QUANT DIRECTOR – You’re an agency trained senior researcher who is familiar with end-to-end project delivery of quant projects and the development of proposals and pitches to clients. You have strong leadership qualities and are able to manage multiple domestic and international projects.
QUAL DIRECTOR – You will be interested in popular culture, inspiring and can inspire, relentlessly curious, and never standing still. Passionate about arts, music, literature, big ideas, and fascinated by people, you’ll enjoy developing profitable client relationships through great, exciting work. Experience working with international clients will be desirable but not essential as long as you have got hands-on experience of using a variety of qual methodologies including focus groups, digital, semiotics, ethnography, cultural analysis, innovation workshops, and trends. You can work seamlessly with a network of people from the creative industries to deliver projects that enrich clients’ thinking and produce outputs that are captivating. In your current role, you focus on powerful visual stories that push boundaries in research.
STRATEGIC INSIGHT DIRECTOR – You’re an expert in trends exploration, innovation/transformation projects, growth strategies, preposition development & brand positioning. You are super comfortable with qual and desk research and are equally as proficient in interacting with influencers, using diverse data sources i.e. social media listening, and developing frameworks and personas.
SENIOR BRAND STRATEGY CONSULTANT – In your career so far, you’ve demonstrated leadership skills, strong project management, cross-functionality with a solid understanding of market research, and impeccable interpersonal and communication skills – both, written and verbal. You have a love of, and nose for, brands, innovation and marketing, and fantastic impersonal and executive presence. You’ll typically be joining a leading brand, strategy & innovation consultancy who are changing the marketing landscape for their clients. You will work on presenting brand strategies to the world most influential brands. Typical projects will include developing brand strategies, segmenting customer audiences, understanding customer journeys, envisioning future growth pathways, and guiding innovation strategy.
Get in touch with us at Research Talent Hub if you are interested in exploring any of these senior market research and insight roles. We would love to brief you! Thank you. 🙂